Pages

Mr. Johnson's book reviews.

On Saturday, June 19, 2010 0 comments


My Friend Rabbit was illustrated by Eric Rohmann in 2002 and won the 2003 Caldecott Award. I found this book to be a very entertaining book for children. The forgiving nature of friendship is readily shown through Mouse and Rabbit. Being a picture book, there was very little text, but what it had was direct and to the point. The illustrations told a funny story as Rabbit tried to fix the problem of getting Mouse's airplane down from the tree. The friendship between Mouse and Rabbit reminded me of my own relationship with my twin brother when we were kids; I was always the responsible one while my brother could be counted on to get in trouble with our stuff. What surprised me about this book was that it took such an important lesson in the give and take of friendships and did a wonderful job getting that across in a very simple fashion.

No comments:

Post a Comment